Well, that's me!
My research focuses on Continual Learning. I am interested in all kinds of learning environments where data changes over time. I have started working on Continual Learning by studying the behavior of Recurrent Neural Networks models in sequential data processing applications.
I am a member of the Pervasive AI Lab (University of Pisa and CNR) and of the Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning (CIML) group at (University of Pisa). I am a Board Member and Treasurer of ContinualAI, a non-profit research organization and an open community of Continual/Lifelong Learning researchers and enthusiasts. I am one of the maintainers of Avalanche, an End-to-End library for Continual Learning based on PyTorch.
I received my Ph.D. in Data Science from Scuola Normale Superiore and University of Pisa. My Ph.D. thesis titled "Towards Real-World Data Streams for Deep Continual Learning" is publicly available here. I received my Master's Degree in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence Curriculum) from the University of Pisa.
I was visiting researcher at KU Leuven (Belgium) and research intern at Google Brain, Mountain View (California).
- 2023-07-17: I received my Ph.D. in Data Science!
- 2023-03-20: I joined the Deep Continual Learning Seminar at Dagstuhl, Germany. A wonderful 5-days gathering of the most important Continual Learning researchers from all around the world.
- 2022-12-12: I will start my 3-months research internship at Google Brain in Mountain View, California!
- 2022-09-21: I was invited as a speaker to the DICE 2022 conference on theoretical physics! Why? To talk about Artificial Intelligence and Continual Learning, of course! The evening was open to the public and to all the people in the amazing Castiglioncello (Italy).
- 2022-05-31: I delivered a talk "Continual Learning: from zero to hero" at the University of Verona. The talk will include an introduction to Continual Learning and a hands-on session with Avalanche. See you there!
- 2021-11-19: The first course on Continual Learning is about to start! The course is hosted by University of Pisa and ContinualAI and Vincenzo Lomonaco will be the teacher. I will help throughout the course as teaching assistant. More than 400 students already signed up, this is huge :)