Well, that's me!
I am a PhD Student in Data Science at Scuola Normale Superiore and at the Computer Science Department of University of Pisa, under the supervision of Prof. Davide Bacciu, Dr. Vincenzo Lomonaco and Prof. Anna Monreale. My research focuses on Continual Learning. I am interested in all kinds of learning environments where data changes over time. I have started working on Continual Learning by studying the behavior of Recurrent Neural Networks models in sequential data processing applications.
I am a member of the Pervasive AI Lab (University of Pisa and CNR) and of the Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning (CIML) group at (University of Pisa). I am a Board Member and Treasurer of ContinualAI, a non-profit research organization and an open community of Continual/Lifelong Learning researchers and enthusiasts. I am one of the maintainers of Avalanche, an End-to-End library for Continual Learning based on PyTorch.
During my PhD, I was visiting researcher at KU Leuven (Belgium) and research intern at Google Brain (California). I received my Master's Degree in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence Curriculum) from the University of Pisa.
- 2022-12-12: I will start my 3-months research internship at Google Brain in Mountain View, California!
- 2022-09-21: I was invited as a speaker to the DICE 2022 conference on theoretical physics! Why? To talk about Artificial Intelligence and Continual Learning, of course! The evening was open to the public and to all the people in the amazing Castiglioncello (Italy).
- 2022-05-31: I delivered a talk "Continual Learning: from zero to hero" at the University of Verona. The talk will include an introduction to Continual Learning and a hands-on session with Avalanche. See you there!
- 2022-02-01 / 2022-04-30: I joined KU Leuven as a visiting PhD student. I worked for three monts at ESAT department, in the PSI group under the supervision of Prof. Tinne Tuytelaars.
- 2021-11-19: The first course on Continual Learning is about to start! The course is hosted by University of Pisa and ContinualAI and Vincenzo Lomonaco will be the teacher. I will help throughout the course as teaching assistant. More than 400 students already signed up, this is huge :)